New this year -- You can prepare your own federal and state tax returns at a FAST Site. IRS trained Volunteers will be on site to assist you and answer questions.
Who’s eligible for this free service?
- Anyone - if your income is less than $31,000
- Age 25 or younger, or, age 65 or older – if your income is less than $58,000
FAST sites are a walk-in service. Returns are prepared on a first-come, first-serve basis. FAST sites can be found at the following locations:
- Community College of Vermont (CCV), 1 Abenaki Way - Winooski
- Fridays-February 10 & 24, March 9 & 23, April 6, from 11am to 6pm
- Saturdays-February 11 & 25, March 10 & 24, April 7 from 9am to 3pm
- Champlain Housing Trust, 88 King St, Burlington
- Fridays-February 17, March 16, April 3 from 3pm to 7pm
- Saturdays-March 3 & 31 from 10am to 4pm
- Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity (CVOEO), 255 So Champlain St, Burlington through April 17
- Monday through Thursday, from 9am to 3pm
- Saturdays, from 10am to 2pm
- Tuesday and Thursday evening, from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Social security numbers and birth dates for yourself and all dependents.
- All income tax documents – W-2s, 1099s, unemployment amount received, gambling winning amounts and any other income statements or amounts
- Amount of student loan interest paid
- Amount paid for child care
- Checking or savings account information if direct deposit of refund wanted.
- For state returns, landlord certificate and entire house hold income (if renting) and property tax bill (if homeowner)
Image by Images_of_Money