NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE COUNCIL
2013 NECC SCHOLARSHIPS
The Board of Directors of the New England College Council is pleased to announce that NECC will award three Scholarships of $750 for the Academic Year 2013-2014 to deserving students attending a member institution. Eligible applicants:
- Must have completed thirty-hours of credit toward his/her degree by the end of the spring 2013 semester, of which at least one-half of the credits should have been earned at the member institution.
- Must be returning to his/her current college in the fall 2013 semester.
- Selection will be based on academic achievement, community and/or college service, quality of written essay and recommendation.
The Application Process:
1. The student must complete a Survey Monkey Questionnaire at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3GPKN3
2. Request that an official college transcript be sent to the: New England College Council at the address below.
3. Request a letter of recommendation from a faculty or staff member be sent to the: New England College Council at the address below.
4. Submit a personal statement of interest/application (no more than 1500 words) including:
• Aspirations for attending college
• Reasons for choosing your field of study
• Description of civic, service learning, and/or college activities in which you have been involved
• Goals and ambitions for the future
All materials must be mailed to: New England College Council, in care of Robert Ross, 17 Bradford Street, Boston MA 02118 and be postmarked by April 30, 2013. Applicants will be notified on or before June 30, 2013.