Vermont Public Television’s Governor’s Debate (Oct. 7, 2010) – view it here: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/295938-1
Vermont Press Association's Gubernatorial Debate (Oct 3, 2010) – view it here:
Vermont Press Association's Lt. Governor Debate (Oct 10, 2010) – watch it here:
About the Office
“The lieutenant governor presides over the Senate, is a member of the Senate's Committee on Committees which appoint committees and assigns them bills and resolutions to consider, votes in the Senate only to break roll-call ties, and serves as acting governor when governor is unavailable.”
“Office of Lt. Governor. ” Vermont.gov. State of Vermont. 2010. Web. 22 Oct. 2010.
“About the Treasurer’s Office.” Vermont.gov. State of Vermont. 2010. Web. 22 Oct. 2010.
Secretary of State:
Vermont Press Association's Secretary of State Debate (Oct. 3, 2010) – watch it here: http://www.cctv.org/watch-tv/programs/vermont-press-associations-secretary-state-debate
About the Office
“The office of the Secretary of State performs a number of important functions. It oversees:
· Vermont State Archives and Records Administration
· Vermont's Office of Professional Regulation (protects the public from unethical, incompetent or otherwise unprofessional behavior by licensed practitioners in the professions and occupations that are regulated through the Office).
· Corporations division (responsible for the registration of business entities)
· Elections division (protects the integrity of campaigning and elections in Vermont. It administers Vermont’s elections, oversees campaign finance reporting and lobbyist disclosure laws and encourages civic participation).
· Municipal Programs (provides local officials and members of the public with information, assistance, and educational materials related to municipal law and practice and the requirements of Vermont's open government laws.
· the filing and publication of administrative rules by all state agencies.
· notaries public for the State of Vermont.
· Safe At Home address confidentiality program (helps victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking avoid being tracked down by an abuser using state or local public records).
Colbert, Ginny, Ed. “About the Office.” Vermont.gov. State of Vermont. 2004. Web. 22 Oct. 2010.
Auditor of Accounts:
“About the State Auditor’s Office” Vermont.gov. State of Vermont. 2010. Web. 22 Oct. 2010.
Vermont Public Radio’s Attorney General’s Debate ( Oct. 7th) - listen at: http://www.vpr.net/episode/49617/
About the Office:
“The Attorney General is the chief law enforcement officer in the state. He is charged with representing the state in all matters in which the state is a party or has an interest. The office of the Attorney General is dedicated to the protection of the health and safety of all Vermonters.
First established by the Vermont Legislature in 1790, the Office of Attorney General has evolved from its one-person operation shortly after the turn of the 20th century to its current status as the State’s largest law firm. We act as legal counsel to all state agencies and to the Legislature. Our staff handles civil and criminal cases in all courts of the state on both the trial and appellate levels. We both defend the state when it is sued and file our own suits to enforce Vermont’s criminal, environmental, consumer protection, civil rights and countless other laws. “
“The Office of the Attorney General.” Vermont.gov. State of Vermont. 2010. Web. 22 Oct. 2010.