Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
This year, for the first time, students are invited to a special planning charrette on Saturday to network with planners and to do some hands-on planning work for the City of Burlington. In addition to highly subsidized conference fees, NNECAPA will pay the transportation costs of students in carpools of three or more.
Please check out the website ( http://nnecapa.org/resources/2011-annual-conference/ ) and contact Jeff Guevin at email@example.com if you are interested in attending!
Monday, August 15, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Did you know that CCV has its very own job and internship database?
We do, and it's called http://ccv.experience.com
In addition to Connections, if you are in Community and Work Experience or you would like to complete an internship to gain more valuable experience, you should also check out Vermont Business for Social Responsibility’s (VBSR) internship opportunities. All students who work as VBSR interns receive a free year’s membership to VBSR – a great networking and learning opportunity for any student.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Internet Essentials brings affordable home Internet to students and their families. While participating in Internet Essentials, customers receive:• Fast home Internet for just $9.95 a month + tax
• No price increases, no activation fees, or equipment rental fees
• A low-cost computer available at initial enrollment for just $149.99 + tax
• Access to free internet training - online, in print and in classroom
A household is eligible to participate if it meets all of the following criteria:
• It is located where Comcast offers Internet Service
• It has at least one child receiving free school lunches under the National School Lunch Program*****
• It has not subscribed to Comcast Internet service within the last 90 days
• It does not have an overdue Comcast bill or unreturned equipment
Starting in the 2011-12 school year, families may sign up by calling 1-855-846-8376 or visit InternetEssentials.com.
*****For information about how to enroll a child into the National School Lunch Program, contact Lisa Jensen, Working Bridges Resource Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-802-922-6297.