Study AbroadStudy abroad with CCV and earn credit while experiencing other countries and cultures. With a class size limit of 18, you can expect the same student-centered learning experience you have in your other CCV courses.
Study abroad courses include an eight to ten-day study trip, led by an instructor and a CCV staff member. Course fees can be covered by financial aid or through CCV's payment plan.
Spring 13: England through Words, Images and Music (HUM 2710)This interdisciplinary course explores England’s long and rich history as revealed through the country’s literature, drama, comedy, and music. Students will develop an understanding of the English experience and culture as it has emerged from the days of Arthurian legends and medieval castles to the times of the Tudors and Shakespeare, to Britain’s contemporary role as a successful exporter of modern music, humor and pop culture.
- Visit to the Tower of London will allow you to view Traitors’ Gate, the Bloody Tower, and the Block – where two of Henry VIII’s ill-fated wives lost their heads.
- Tour the Globe Theatre for an inside look at Shakespeare’s “Great Wooden O”
- Travel to Glastonbury, regarded as King Arthur’s mythical Isle of Avalon and the place where the Holy Grail was hidden.
- Feel Arthur, Merlin, and the Knights of the Round Table come to life on a visit to the ruined castle of Tintagel, situated on spectacular cliffs.
- Visit the Roman Baths, said to have been built on the orders of Emperor Claudius.
- See Stonehenge, the colossal structure erected between 2,000 BC and 1,500 BC.
Course Fee: The course fee is $2,998* and includes an 9-day study tour in England, including group flight to and from Boston, MA; lodging; all breakfasts and three dinners; in-country transportation and activity fees. Financial aid and/or the payment plan can be applied to the fee. Course tuition is separate.
*Please note: The $2,998 course fee has not yet finalized. We have every reason to believe this will be the course fee; however, we have not yet received a final contract from our travel provider. We will notify any registered students if there is a price change.
Overseas Component: Travel dates are May 13-21, 2013. The group will fly in and out of Boston, Massachusetts.
Class Meetings at CCV-Montpelier:
10 am - 2:30 pm on
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Saturday, May 4, 2013
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Study Abroad SP13 Slideshow