Saturday, September 28th, a CCV team made up of students, faculty and staff will hike a 3 mile loop. Each CCV team member can ask friends, co-workers and community members to make an online donation in their name; all donations will benefit Hunger Free Vermont.
Last year, Hunger Free Vermont helped over 145,000 vulnerable Vermonters to get nutritious and affordable food. Each day they work to help feed children, families, and neighbors as well as teach communities to cook. The organization works every day to end the injustice of hunger and malnutrition for all Vermonters. This hike is great way to generate enthusiasm and warm-up for CCV’s annual Harvest for Hunger that takes place every October.
When: Saturday, September 28, 2013
How: Follow these easy steps:
· Hunger Free Vermont is asking that all team members either raise $25 to hike or pay a $25 registration fee the day of the hike. All proceeds benefit Hunger Free Vermont.
· All donations should be collected online. You can ask friends, co-workers, and neighbors to visit CCV’s team page. Donors will see a prompt that says, “Dedicate my donation to someone,” and they can write in your name.
· All hikers must complete a registration form to hike.
· There is no registration fee for children 6 and under; however, all participants must complete a registration form and those under the age of 18 must have a minors release form signed by a parent/guardian.
· Check- in with Hunger Free Vermont begins at 9:30. Once you have checked in, look for Laura Rubenis who will be leading the CCV team of hikers. Laura will be holding a CCV tee-shirt above her head so you will be able find her. Team CCV will embark on the hike as a group at 10:15.
· You can arrive early and warm up with Evolution Yoga and cool down with a community celebration including: wood-fired pizzas from NOFA-VT, Chessters from Rhino Foods, a bluegrass band, and t-shirts.
We hope you will join us for what promises to be a fun-filled event for a good cause. You’ll have the opportunity to meet students and faculty from around the state (hopefully!), enjoy some sunshine and hiking, and raise money to combat hunger in Vermont. Plus, research tells us personal connections are an important factor in student success and may boost attendance and retention; this event encourages those personal connections to blossom – what a great bonus!Questions? Contact Heather at email@example.com.
image by: by Philou.cn