Vermont State Employees Credit Union( VSECU) awards three $5,000 student loan repayment awards annually. A qualified recipient is chosen from each of three different categories.
The categories for these awards are:
· First Generation
· Service to Vermonters
· Financial Literacy
Loan Repayment Program
· Monthly payments will be made until the $5,000 award has been exhausted
· Payments are considered taxable income
· Award recipients are encouraged to contact a professional tax advisor for further information
To be eligible to apply for Student LIFT, you must meet the following criteria:
· Be a VSECU member in good standing (maintain at least $25 in a primary savings account with no current loan delinquencies)
· Currently live or work in Vermont
· Have evidence of student loan debt and currently making student loan payments in the applicant’s name
· Submit a completed application and all required documentation
Please note: Graduation from college is NOT a requirement to be eligible for Student LIFT.
Applications deadline is June 30, 2014.
If you have questions regarding Student LIFT and the application process, please contact a Student LIFT representative at 802/800 371-5162, ext. 5144, or firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours.