Help Vermonters pursue their education goals!
Join a team dedicated to providing quality customer service while working to ensure all Vermonters have the necessary financial and informational resources to pursue their educational goals beyond high school.
Director, Career & Education Outreach
VSAC is seeking a Career and Education Outreach Director who will provide strategic direction, management, and oversight for career and education planning services including those funded by federal grants, public and private foundations, and corporate initiatives. This position will assist in establishing departmental goals related to work in the areas of academic advising, college readiness, career planning, post-secondary planning, admission and financial aid information for Vermonters. The Director participates in various advocacy efforts in these areas both locally and nationally.
The successful candidate will have at least five years’ experience in supervision and management including budgeting, planning, staff hiring and training, development of program evaluation and experience in researching, writing, and submission of federal and non-federal grants.
This position is partially grant funded and is contingent on continued grant funds.
Additional qualifications of a successful candidate:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to education or public administration, Master’s Degree preferred.
· Knowledge of and familiarity with middle and secondary school systems, postsecondary institutions, financial aid, admissions procedures, as well as national and state trends.
· Demonstrated experience successfully working with the socioeconomic and academic needs of students, adult students, and families.
· Strong communication skills including the ability to negotiate with diverse groups of people and to deliver dynamic presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
· Valid driver’s license along with satisfactory Motor Vehicle check and own legally inspected, registered, and insured motor vehicle as some travel is required on a regular basis.
· Must have a satisfactory criminal background check.
· Understanding of TRIO and GEAR UP regulations.
· Experience working with human services agencies, college access programs, and non-profit or public administration roles.
VSAC offers a dynamic, professional environment with competitive compensation and generous benefits package. Apply on line at www.vsac.org no later than August 26, 2015.
Vermont Student Assistance Corporation
PO Box 2000, Winooski, VT 05404
SAC Job Info Line 654-376